Golden Turmeric Stuffing Recipe
Recipe and photos by Eve Cuccia
*We adapted this recipe from the Class Stuffing recipe by Delish.com
- 2 baguettes, country, or sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 8 tbsp. butter or ghee, plus more for baking dish
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped sage, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-2 sachets or 1-2 tbsp of Spicy Unsweetened turmeric mix
- The day before: Tear or slice bread into 1/4" cubes and leave out overnight to dry out. (Alternately, place bread on baking sheets and bake at 200º for 20 minutes.)
- When you're ready to make the stuffing: Preheat oven to 350º and butter a large baking dish. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter or ghee. Add onion and celery and cook until soft and fragrant, 8 minutes. Stir in garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, and rosemary and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place bread in a large bowl and add skillet mixture. Toss to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth and beaten eggs and pour over bread mixture.
- Add 1-2 sachets or 1-2 tbsp of Spicy Unsweetened turmeric mix. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss until completely coated.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake until cooked through, 45 minutes, then remove foil and cook until bread is golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Ways to keep this recipe *LOCAL*
- Buy bread from local bakery like Denver-based Rebel Bread.
- Use Ayurveda Mama Ghee - We love the Wise One ghee for this recipe.
- Purchase Organic veggies from local farmers markets or Winter CSA programs.
Ways to keep this recipe *EASY and AFFORDABLE*
- Use Stove Top Stuffing Mix for quick and affordable option and follow instructions on the box instead of the recipe above.
- Add some extra flavor to the box recipe by subbing water for chicken or veggie broth.
- Add 1-2 sachets or 1-2 Tbsp of Spicy Unsweetened turmeric mix.
- Find conventional and affordable veggies and ingredients from your local grocery store.