Gluten Free Golden Root Turmeric Lemon Poppyseed Bread
There’s something about lemon poppyseed bread that is so unbelievably comforting and satisfying. This beautifully bright loaf perfectly highlights the versatility of our turmeric latte mix. Throw it into anything - especially into this moist Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Bread recipe by Gina from Running to the Kitchen.
Oh, and the icing made with Binnie’s Very Vanilla Coconut Butter is UNREAL. Not pictured here, but the icing was added after the bread loaf cooled, and then licked from the bowl.
We were so blown away at how easy it was to add turmeric into this already delicious and simple recipe! Just 2 tablespoons of our Original turmeric latte mix adds a burst of golden color to your lemon-y treat, and about 1,200 mg of your daily dose of turmeric. We shared it last weekend with folks at the Caffeine Crawl in Denver, CO and got raving reviews!
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free flour or coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
2 Tablespoons or two individual serving sachets of Original Golden Root Turmeric Latte Mix
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
For the glaze
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Binnie’s Very Vanilla Coconut Butter
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees and grease bread loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and almond milk in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Add the poppyseeds and mix again until thoroughly distributed in the batter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Golden Root Original turmeric latte mix. Stir and watch your batter transform into a bright and golden hue.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes until the middle is set and the top/edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven, let cool a few minutes in the pan before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the glaze
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Heat just slightly in the microwave or stove top so that the coconut oil and coconut butter soften enough to whisk everything together into a smooth mixture.
- Set aside and let cool back to room temperature, as it sits and cools it will thicken a bit. You can also set it in the fridge for a few minutes to speed the process up.
- Once the bread is cooled completely, drizzle the glaze over the top of the bread and let it set.