Golden Root Turmeric Orange Coconut Muffins
Add this muffin recipe to the to-do list for your upcoming holiday weekend! This sweet and spicy treat is low in sugar AND gluten-free! It’s super easy to whip these babies up for a light breakfast pre-game before the big main event. Best enjoyed with your morning turmeric latte, tea or coffee :)
Thanks to Grow Well for the recipe inspiration!
¼ cup coconut oil, melted (plus a bit more for greasing cupcake pan)
¼ cup coconut milk
6 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange zest
½ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons Golden Root turmeric latte mix
½ teaspoon salt
1 orange, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease cupcake pans with coconut oil.
- In large bowl whisk eggs, coconut milk, honey, vanilla and orange zest. Add coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, add coconut flour, baking powder, turmeric and salt. Fold dry ingredients into wet.
- Pour batter into greased cupcake pans and bake for 25-30 min (until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean)
- Let cool for 5 minutes, drizzle with orange juice, and enjoy!